Even though there are a ton of types of food, organic and non-organic foods are the 2 most popular types. In the beginning, you may be confused at the time of choosing between them. Chances will be 50-50 even if you ask for recommendations. In order to solve your doubts, here are a few differences you should be aware of between organic and non-organic food.
- Non-Organic Food – When chemicals like pesticides, herbicides, and insecticides are used for producing non-organic food. Additional chemicals are also used for getting rid of insects, pests, weeds etc.
- Organic Food – The use of natural fertilizers like manure and compost helps in the production of organic food. Moreover, natural fertilizer allows the soil to remain fertile in the longer run, save more water, and produce less pollution benefiting the environment. Plus, birds, traps and insects are used for getting rid of the pests.
These are a few differences between the two.
- Using natural fertilizers helps the soil to remain fertile. This is possible due to the use of compost and manure helping the food to contain good content of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- The technique of organic farming helps in saving more water, producing less pollution etc.
- Thanks to the high levels of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals found in organic food help in getting richer flavors and taste. This is a huge advantage over non-organic food.
These are just a handful of differences between organic and non-organic food. Based on the differences, you should consider adding organic food in Brisbane to your diet.