Launching a boat for the 1st time is difficult, especially when the ramp is frequently busy and there’s a queue. But there is no need to worry about that. Here are some simple tips that can help you to make your trailer head straight to the desired path.
- Keep the Safety Chain: The safety chain is one of the essential things for boat safety. Cables, ropes, and straps are beneficial when your boat is back in the trailer but all things have a restricted lifespan. Thus, having a chain removes this hassle.
- Get Someone to Guide: If you are not fully comfortable with the boat launch, get someone who can spot and guide you. It is a great method to make sure that nothing gets broken.
- Use Side Mirrors: Moving your neck to watch what is going on is a difficult thing when reversing a boat. You should learn to use the rear-view mirror to know where the boat is heading.
- Turn in the Direction of Boat Movement if it’s Going Wrong: If the boat is moving way too forward in a particular direction, turn the boat to the side the trailer is going. This will help push the boat back to the desired path.
- Beware of the Tides: You should consider where the end of the ramp is, particularly if there’s a low tide. However, in the case of a large boat, it can create a problem. Getting local knowledge before launching the boat also helps.
You can also find reputed dealers who offer training classes for handling aluminium boats in Australia.