Security cameras are one of the best options available to help you monitor your business or home for security. Proper installation of security cameras and the right choice of equipment plays a big role in its performance. The first step in installing a CCTV system is choosing the right camera and then deciding where to install it.
There are several types of surveillance cameras, for example, Vivint wireless CCTV, infrared cameras are mainly used in low-light areas; high visibility, easy to mount bullet camera which can be mounted on wall or ceiling; Sophisticated dome camera for home security; and vandalism dome cameras, where cameras are installed in easily accessible areas or in areas with increased crime rates.
There are several considerations to keep in mind before installing a security camera:
• Ensure that a suitable power source is available, especially for outdoor installations
• Choose an appropriate lighting option around the camera or choose a low-light or infrared camera
• Weather aspect – this problem can be solved by using a weatherproof camera or protective cover for outdoor camera mount
• Use the right camera lens as a wide-angle lens for small hallways or corridors, or a telephoto lens to shoot longer distances.
• Consider using a wired or wireless security camera
Wireless security/surveillance cameras have increasingly become a desirable alternative to wired systems in the past. One of the main advantages of wireless connectivity is the ease of installation and portability of your camera in case you need to move or carry it while you move. Spend more money on a wireless camera, but if it works, you can save hours of setup time. Wireless cameras can be plugged into a power source or run on battery power.